Thursday, February 12, 2009

Workshop 2/11/09

I honestly have to say, at first I felt a little intimidated by this workshop because when it comes to art, I am on the average scale; however, after wednesday, I am starting to see that if I really do set my mind to this type of three-dimensional artwork, I tend to work at a much faster pace and my work is far more creative then how I originally pictured it.  We started working with foam core this week and as my hands struggle to cut straight lines, my patience is growing.  According to Eugenia, "I am definitely working on an original for this sort of stage design."  I am excited to see my finish project because unlike any of the others in the workshop, my stage (setting: science lab) is going to be circular, which should give the science lab an energetic and fun feel to it (almost like a circus).  So far in this workshop, I'm finding that metaphor is key to a good stage design.  I also think that my finished product should use this circular metaphor to gear the audience's minds in the way I read this play, but still leave their minds to wonder about the setting.  Lately as I think about new symbolic things I can add to my miniature stage, I write them down without any hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment