Monday, February 1, 2010

Enneagram, Core Values, Issues... woah

I'M A SIX?

SO... I get my Enneagram test result, which states, "you are most likely a type 6 or a 7." The first question that pops into my head is, "I'm closest to the devil?" I sit here wondering if this test is completely accurate or if I am mostly a 7 and have a certain number of type six traits. As I skimmed through the type 6 description, I secretly agreed with a lot of the traits. For example, I am always looking up to someone in authority, someone who I can believe in. The common characteristics I have with this type are my loyalty to friends who can prove themselves honest, the concealment of my small fears, and my hidden insecurities. However, I am not anxious often, I have never taken the dangerous physical approach to a situation, and I never feel robbed of peace in my mind. A type 7 seems to be more like me because I am open- minded, I am afraid of negative thinking, I have multiple skills, I sometimes avoid pain emitted from others, etc. I can conclude that... yes, I am often viewed as a perfect 7 on the outside, but deep down, I have the power to conceal my type 6 characteristics... that's awesome! Okay, thank you Enneagram for digging deeper!

Core Values:

1. Motivation and Influence
2. Achievement (Mastering something)
3. Dreams- Anything to do with dreams: dream analysis, dream interpretation, acting through dream analysis (what I'm currently working on)

Issues:

Judgement
The RIGHT Answer
Time
Perfectionism
Mind and Body Interaction

(Still thinking of more...)



1 comment:

  1. "The common characteristics I have with this type are my loyalty to friends who can prove themselves honest" -absolutely, you hit the nail on the head with that sentence

    ReplyDelete