Monday, April 12, 2010

Today's Presentation

Today was not as hard as I thought it'd be. Usually, I get nervous for presentations because I'm usually asked questions at the end that I'm not quite ready to answer on the spot; however, this Big Book presentation didn't involve the audience's input, which was a bit more relaxing. I was excited when I taught the class about Dreamwork for Actors because unlike other class presentations, I was given the opportunity to teach about my hobby and talent. Since I was fully engaged in my book from beginning to end, the opportunity to inform people about this came naturally. I'm glad that I prepared what I was going to say for this presentation because my ability to speak without preparation is weak. My main goal was to get actors/actresses in STAC to read this book because it runs through the basics of acting with a whole new twist and a whole new style. If I could change something about my presentation, I would have possibly completed a powerpoint instead of an oral report on the book because personally, when I'm learning, I stay more interested when I am visually engaged in a lesson. Overall, I felt confident with my presentation because I was teaching about psychology and dreamwork: something that almost anyone could relate to even if their passion isn't theater or acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment