Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Workshops # 2

Songwriting: Today, Robin and I put the finishing touches on my song, "Bring you Home" and we ran through the ending a couple of times to establish the main harmony and background vocals (on the outro). We then recorded a rough copy of the song on Garageband while Robin sang the harmony in the background. Although the sound quality wasn't superb, the recording sounded excellent as a finished piece, especially when Robin added some percussion. I learned that a verse could simply be adjusted and rearranged to play over a chorus at the end of a song. I'm also learning how to leave some space between the verse and chorus in order to feature the guitar part a lot more. Robin has helped prepare my song for a professional studio, which is a great accomplishment for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment