Monday, April 11, 2011

Songwriting Workshop # 1

Songwriting Workshop # 1 On Friday, we had our first songwriting workshop with Phil. The workshop went really smoothly and I ended up learning so many small facts about songwriting and music production in such a short period of time. Throughout the workshop, I played two of my original songs for Phil, so that he could get a taste of the genre I write and critique what I have done. He gave me a lot of positive feedback and told me that the songs I write are consistantly good; however, they need to be more catchy for the listener. What he means is that the listener should hear it once, and be able to sing along with it the next time it's played. In Phil's opinion, there are too many lyrics in the songs I write and they would be even better if they were short and sweet. I hope to complete atleast two songs with Phil and ultimately slip out of my comfort zone when improving them. I also want to learn more about Music Production and music merchandising, so that I'm well prepared for my major next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment