Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Prisoner (my first senior blog post woah)

AHH this show consists of cliff hanger after cliff hanger after cliff hanger, and I'm enjoying every second of it. The plot is really clever. It reminds me of the Truman Show in the same sense that both protagonists can't escape this mysterious town. I can also relate this miniseries to The Giver by Lois Lowry because both stories consist of totalitarian-like societies. However, this particular society in The Prisoner is really interesting. In the Truman Show and The Giver, I was aware of what was going on behind closed curtains within the town; however, I can't seem to gather that information from this show. This frustrates me and it's obviously a product of good writing. I can predict that some medicine is given to these citizens daily, in order to erase their past memory and prevent them from asking questions. I needed a show like this, thank you!

1 comment:

  1. It just gets better. You can see the influence on the show - how many other things that came after it basically rip it off.

    ReplyDelete