Monday, October 25, 2010

15 HOUR STAC TRIP!!!

In my opinion, friday's field trip went really well. When we were first assigned our new groups, I was scared to see how my day would play out. Not only was I hanging out with these STACies for the first time, I was also spending a whole day surrounded by them. I was afraid our personalities would clash or not mesh well, but I was wrong. From the beginning of the day to the end, I was entertained by a whole new group of intelligent STACies.

Luckily, I knew a couple of people in the group before the trip, so I wasn't completely alone in the crowd. The group did not separate at all because we were dedicated to the photography project and we were having a great time visiting the NYC landmarks together. Our main objective was to get lost in the city on purpose and photograph our reaction to being lost. Unfortunately, the subway took us on the wrong route and we missed Eataly, but the adventurous quests helped to strengthen the group's bond. I'm sure that if we combined all of our pictures from the beginning of our day to the end, our closeness will clearly be portrayed through the photographs.

Alphabet City and Bleeker street truly fascinated me because the stores were quaint and unadvertised. These stores and cafes were not well known and not overpopulated like other parts of the city. I find that in other parts of NYC, it's frustrating and confusing to be lost; however, this wasn't the case in Alphabet City or Bleeker Street. In fact, being lost became more soothing; it gave the group a sense of dependence and freedom. All in all, the trip was something new and extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment