Monday, October 18, 2010

New Song, New Genre

So, I wrote a song the other day, and it took me one night to finish. I'm proud of this song because it's one of the first songs I've ever written that falls under the alternative/rock genre: mostly what I listen to. The song has more of a dissonant tone, rather than a happy tone, which is what I usually write. I will post the lyrics now, but I rather you critique the song as a whole after I post my recording later on. Enjoy!

(UNTITLED)- let me know if you think of a good title for the tune :)

Verse:
We're risking everything we want
Edge of destruction, we are in a rut
so take a chance on me
and let the pleasure seep deep into your black heart

Chorus:
I need you, you need me
let loose and I know that we'll get there soon
It's frightening to live like a stranger
trapped in the same old news

Verse:
Now I'm sleepin' on your stoop
you're trapped inside, my head is in a loop
It's time to let him go
Let the past be past I know
You still act the part

Chorus 1x

Bridge:
And now the world is catchin' up to you
you can't turn back,
I was the one that you used to get him back

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting and dark and nothing like you've ever written before. Did you write this with the same process that you write your other stuff.. because I can put such a specific story/situation to these lyrics. It's kind of creepy how much it fits but knowing you, you prob wrote these lyrics without that story or any story in mind. hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahh its confusing, theres a bunch of stories mixed into one but I wrote the chorus first, like the others...
    thanks for ur comment ;)

    ReplyDelete